Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can I download Google Chrome to an Ipad 2?

I've heard that some folks didn't get along too well with the safari web browser in their Ipad... can anyone tell me if it's possible to install Google Chrome on this tablet (or any suggestions you might have about how to remedy this)?|||Theoretically, it's possible, but I don't think Apple currently allows it directly. You have two options (that I can see)





1) Write a program (Java or C) using the source code from Chrominium (link below) to make a Chrome App.





2) Go one step beyond jailbreaking your Ipad, and install a "proper" OS instead of the default Apple Ipad OS. You should then be able to install Chrome normally, as the Wifi auto-configures itself on many distros.





In short, no, not at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment